* The marks on Shiva's forehead are 3 horizontal lines
* The face has 3 eyes or TRINETRA.
*The bilva (bel patra) has 3 leaves, reminding us of the Trishool.
* The posture of the hermit with crossed legs and extended hands is that of an upward pointing triangle.
* The TRISHUL has 3 blades.
* The damroo(rattle drum) is made of two Triangles.
At every Hindu ritual, SHANTI, SHANTI, SHANTI is chanted-This means peace thrice over.
This signifies the 3 parts of the BRAHMAND that Lord Brahma has created- ME (mind and body) MINE(all that I possess) AND ALL THAT IS NOT MINE.(All that is beyond me and whats mine)
Humans yearn to come to terms with this TRUPURA(3 CITIES). Realisation of the true nature of the TRIPURA will unfortunately reveal their mortal nature and thus the futility of clinging to them. SHIVA IS TRIPURANTAKA, who reveals this Reality and hence destroys TRIPURA .
I believe he is the GOD OF SEAMLESSNESS.