1. Skanda Mata is worshipped on the fifth Day of Navratri.
2. SHE is holding her son ‘Skandaa or Kartikaya’ on her lap.
3. SHE has three eyes and four hands
4. 2 hands hold lotuses while the other 2 hands respectively display defending and granting gesture
5. She is the ocean of knowledge.
6. She rides on a lion.
7. In Yoga Shastra she represents the Vishuddha chakra and HAM bija mantra.
8. She also dignifies motherhood, fertility and mother child relationship.
9. Skandaa means the one with six heads corresponding to the five senses and the mind. Or the one who has a control over the six demonic vices: kaama (sex), krodha (anger), lobha (greed), moha (passion), mada (ego) and matsarya (jealousy).
10. Kartikeya carries on one hand a spear and his other hand is always blessing devotees. His vehicle is a peacock, a pious bird that grips with its feet a serpent, which symbolizes the ego and desires of people. The peacock represents the destroyer of harmful habits and the conqueror of sensual desires.